Table of Contents
1. Who we are
Cognipharma, Lda (“Cognipharma” or “We”) is a Portuguese company, with its registered office in Alcabideche, at Rua do Vale, n.º 22, Almoinhas Velhas, 2755 – 208 Alcabideche, registered at the Commercial Registry Office of under the single resgistration and VAT number 514141344,, that provides registration and authentication services to Pharma Companies/Life Sciences Organizations.
Cognipharma is the owner of HCP Platform, an authentication portal used to ensure secure relationships between Pharma Companies/Life Sciences Organizations and healthcare professionals, which restricts access to websites of said Companies/Organizations to professionals registered in the HCP Platform.
|Personal Data||Means any information relating to Users that enavles his/her identification directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the person (v.g. professional information).|
|Client||Pharma Companies and Life Sciences Organizations using HCP Platform authentication services to grant Users access to their websites.|
|User||Natural person, who is an healthcare or life sciences professional registered in HCP Platform.|
|HCP Platform||Cognipharma’s authentication portal with url: www.[completar]|
|Third Party||Any natural or legal person who is not a User, a Client or Cognipharma.|
4. Registration and User Identity Validation
Users must take the following steps to create an account for authentication through HCP Platform:
4.1. HCP – ID Profile Creation
User will be asked to fill out the registration form available on the HCP Platform (or in Client’s website when the form is embedded). Mandatory information is indicated by means of an asterisk (*) and specific error messages. If the mandatory information is not provided, the User will be unable to continue with the next step of the registration process. Users must ensure that the information provided for HCP Platform profile creation is true, accurate and complete
Users shall promptly inform Cognipharma of any modification of their professional status or professional situation that impacts or is likely to impact the access rights granted by HCP Platform.
User’s HCP Platform login information (identifier and password) is strictly personal and may not be used by any Third Party.
User undertakes to immediately inform Cognipharma in case of loss or theft of User’s HCP Platform’s Login information.
4.2. HCP-ID Profile Validation
Cognipharma may, at its own discretion, verify whether User meets all necessary conditions to create a profile in HCP Platform and shall independently check the accuracy of the information provided by the User.
In case the validation process is successful, User shall receive a confirmation code or link sent by email. The email is sent to the address used for profile registration, which uniquely identifies HCP Platform’s account.
The code/link is valid for 7 days. It has no effect once it has been used.
After validation, User will be able to access and use HCP Platform.
User shall register and login in Client’s website and expressly accept its terms and conditions.
Authentication does not grant immediate access to Client’s website only allowing Client to check whether User is duly registered in HCP Platform.
Client’s web site access rules are defined by Clients at their sole discretion and therefore Cognipharma may not be held responsible for any User’s inability to access any website of a Client.
5. HCP Profile account Deactivation
Cognipharma reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to deactivate a HCP Platform profile, including without limitation, upon the occurrence of the following events:
(i) The User has provided Cognipharma with inaccurate or false information;
(ii) Change to the User’s professional status that no longer entitles the User to use HCP Platform;
(iii) Access to HCP Platform by a Third Party using Client’s profile account;
(iv) Fraudulent or unlawful use of the HCP Platform or Client’s website by Client.
Cognipharma shall not be liable or responsible for any content or services provided on or through Client’s websites.
6.1. Personal Data collected
We collect the following Personal Data:
- Direct Identifiers: name, user ID, username, account number, unique personal identifier, IP address, email address, phone number, address and other similar contact information
- Usage data: browsing history, clickstream data, search history, access logs and other usage data and information regarding User’s interaction with HCP Platform and/or Client’s websites, and marketing emails.
- Professional information: professional or employment-related information, such as credentials, employer(s) and position(s), title and business contact information.
- Inferences: inferences drawn from personal information that we collect to create a profile reflecting an User’s preferences or other characteristics.
- Geolocation data: precise location information about a User or a device.
6.2. Purposes of use.
Personal Data collected may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing our services and related support
- Analyzing and improving our services
- Communicating with Users
- Personalizing content and experiences
- Marketing and promotional purposes
- Securing and protecting our assets and rights
- Complying with legal obligations
6.3. Data processor
Cognipharma will be responsible for collecting and processing Personal Data provided by the User when creating a profile and using HCP Platform services.
Cognipharma undertakes to process User’s Personal Data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner, and to take all reasonable measures to protect the Users’ Personal Data and to prevent User’s personal information from being altered, damaged or transferred to unauthorized Third Parties.
Cognipharma shall not be liable for Personal Data collection and processing in Client’s websites.
6.4. Users’ Right s regarding Personal Data
According to the applicable Law, User has the following rights with regard to Personal Data collected and processed by Cognipharma:
- Right of access: Users may access Personal Data processed by Cognipharma.
- Right of rectification: Users may request Cognipharma to rectify any incorrect information. This includes the right to have incomplete information completed, taking into account the purpose of the processing.
- Right to erasure: Users may request Cognipharma to erase their Personal Data.
- Right to restrict processing: Users may request Cognipharma to restrict the processing of their Personal Data, if (i) the Data is inaccurate, (ii) the processing is unlawful, (iii) you need us to retain the information after the retention period for a legal claim, or (iv) you have objected to the processing and a verification of our legitimate interests is pending.
- Right to data portability: User may request Cognipharma to provide the User with an electronic file of your information, or to transfer your personal data to a third party if such is technically feasible.
6.5. Transfer of Personal Data
Cognipharma may also disclose or transfer User’s Personal Data to Clients to enable Clients to market their products and services to the User directly.
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. They are stored on your device when the HCP Platform or Client’s website is loaded on your browser.
For more information please check our Cookies Policy.
7.2. The non-exercise or the failure to promptly exercise any right under these Terms if Use by Cognipharma may neither be construed as a waiver of such right nor prevent Cognipharma to exercise its right in the future.